Random Thoughts from a guy who doesn't have anything better to do.. But if you are reading this, I guess u are just the same. Enjoy yourself !!!

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Indianapolis Grand Prix

I was fascinated with F1 ever since I first saw it on Cable Television back home. The fast cars, Schumacher and Hakkinen slugging it out on the track and the exciting locations, it was simply awesome. So when I came to Chicago in 2004 feb, I thought I should see the USGP. Unfortunately couldn't do this last year. Don't remember why. This year I was supposed to leave in May so I didn't buy tix for this June 16 event. But somethin' else turned up and I had to extend my lease for another year. So when one of my Milwaukee friends said that he had a spare ticket I jumped at the idea. Went with my roommate to MKE by train, picked up a car and then headed south to Indy.
People may call it a fiasco/disgrace of a race with only 6 cars racing, but I would take it any day. No doubt if Michelin had raced that day, it would have been better but Schumie won and apna Narain got some cool driver points.. Watchin' Schumie in his red car, zooming past just a couple of feet away from me.. That was like a dream come true. Got a nice checkered Ferrari flag by the way.. My room is looking crazy. I have a Ferrari flag,a Simpsons poster, a Kramer poster and a flower sketch up on my studio walls. Neat huh!.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home