Random Thoughts from a guy who doesn't have anything better to do.. But if you are reading this, I guess u are just the same. Enjoy yourself !!!

Saturday, June 12, 2004

My first blog and Matt

Saturday June 12th 2004,

Yesterday I made my first blog. Wonder how the word blog was first coined. So start up Google and search for "Define: Blog" and here is a sample from one of the results :

From "Web log." A blog is basically a journal that is available on the web. The activity of updating a blog is "blogging" and someone who keeps a blog is a "blogger."

So blog is just some kind of journal I keep on the web so that everyone can come and look at my depressing thoughts when they have nothing better to do. C'mon guys don't you have something better to do. Go on.. The weather is great outside. Enjoy life!!!

Got a question with the guys who came up with the word 'blog'. What if I don't actually publish my thoughts on the web. What if I am dumb f*** who just types all this stuff but doesn't anyone else to see it. Is there some kind of a private weblog? I can always store them in my private hard disk, but I don't want to waste my precious hard disk space. Go on call me cheap but that's the way I am. I am also posting it in a free blogger space, ain't I ? Will the word blog still apply as I am not PUBLISHING it for anyone other than me. Can I call it a Digital LOG or DLOG. Heck I will call it "DIALOG". But isn't that name in this context an irony in itself. For a dialog you need two people. But I am the only one doing all the talking/typing :-(. Hell I will just imagine that the other guy is the listening kind of guy and doesn't talk much.

Now that's a good idea. Why don't I name this guy. Now why should it be a guy ? It can be an animal/bird/any fictitious living/nonliving spirit like the fictititious kangaroo used by the small girl in the movie 'Chocolat'. What was the kangaroo's name ? F1 google. By the way, was she schizophrenic? Now you would say that she was a kid and kids have great imagination and blah blah blah. But really had she been a little older, you wouldn't have thought that her pet kangaroo is cute and would have called her a freak fit for the asylum. (John Nash/ A Beautiful Mind)

You know what I will call the other guy. I will call him Matt after Matt Groening the Simpsons creator. That guy really had loads of imagination/creativity. But more on him later.

Ok now that I have decided to call you Matt. Let's get started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home